Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Beyoncé Debuts New Album Online



Good news, Beyoncé fans: You don't have to wait until Nov. 18 to hear the R&B singer's new album, I Am . . . Sasha Fierce. All 16 tracks from the double album are streaming right now on the singer's official MySpace page.

"I am happy that my fans will get to listen to my new album first at MySpace," Beyoncé says in a statement. "I have put my heart and soul into I Am … Sasha Fierce and cannot wait to hear the feedback from the fans."

Named for the singer's spicy alter-ego, the double album – and the singer's third solo disc – finds her broadening her sound. As Beyoncé tells it, the disc "allows me to take more risks and really step out of myself, or shall I say, step more into myself, and reveal a side of me that people [who] only know me see."

Among the innovative sonic moments on the album, "Diva" presents an aggressive, hip-hop flavored sound with its chirpy, repetitive verse: "Diva is a female version of a hustler." Other songs like "Sweet Dreams" and "Halo" position Beyoncé's voice over synthesizer-flecked melodies. And "Radio" takes her into full-on dance-music territory with a club-ready rush of a beat.

No comments: